The Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) has released a guide to promoting workplace compliance in franchise networks.
The guide provides advice about how franchisors can work with their franchisees to:
- set expectations;
- educate and train;
- monitor compliance; and
- take further action.
Specifically, the guide includes:
- information about the new laws that apply to franchisors;
- practical steps franchisors can take to promote workplace compliance in their networks, including tips from leading businesses;
- real life case studies to illustrate best practice approaches to compliance with workplace laws;
- a checklist that businesses can use to assess and benchmark their current practices; and
- advice about where franchisors can access more information.
The guide was launched by the FWO Natalie James at a speech to the Franchise Advisory Centre’s Franchise Management Forum, in which Ms James also emphasised the steps a franchisor can take to prevent workplace issues and avoid liability.
To get help with a similar issue, please call our office on (07) 3807 3807 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more on the Fair Work Ombudsman website. Sourced: Fair Work Ombudsman (30 June 2018).